Beginner Training Plan
Build a solid running base while staying injury-free.
A comprehensive 12 week personalized training plan
Pace-based workouts based on your fitness level
Yoga/pilates sequences specific to your needs
Form drills to keep you injury free
Mental exercises to help you make and keep a habit of running
Daily emails with your training reminders
Access to a community of amazing runners around the world
What does training as a beginner look like?
- You’ll receive a 12-week training plan that includes 3 Interval Runs per week.
- Each workout is 30 minutes long, and the run-to-walk ratio changes each week.
- By week 8, you’ll be able to run all 30 minutes without stopping.
- By week 12, you'll be able to run 30 minutes 3 times per week.
How is this plan customized to me?
During weeks 4, 8, and 12, you'll run your “Magic Mile” and share your time with us. Based on your time, we’ll determine training paces for your next four weeks of Interval Runs.
Strength Exercises & Yoga Sequences
We’ll share weekly strength exercises and yoga sequences to support your particular needs.
When should I start training?
Building A Base
We recommend runners build a mileage base over the course of 3-6 months to prevent injuries. If you’re just getting started, choose a 5k or 10k race that is 6 months from now. Complete our Beginner Training Plan followed by one of our race plans to reach your goal.
What does support look like?
Small habits performed daily are the ones that stick, so we send you weekly coaching emails with bite-size tips on form, nutrition, recovery, and mental exercises that you can easily fold into your running practice. Each Saturday of your training, you can also submit any questions or concerns that came up for you that week.
We’re a club on Strava, so joining lets you find Public Run Club runners in your area, participate in virtual challenges, give and get kudos for your workouts, and track your progress from day one.
This plan is for you if:
- You’re returning to running from a sustained injury and are now pain-free
- You’re returning to running after a 3+ month hiatus
- You’ve never run consistently before
- You want to build a base for longer races later in the year
- You want to create a habit of running but don’t want to participate in a race
- You can devote 3 days a week (~3-5 hours/week) to improve your fitness
- You want mind and body support as you pursue this goal
- You want accountability to help you create a plan that actually works
- You feel motivated, but need direction
Total cost: $85 for 12 weeks of training
Want to know more about The Beginner Training Plan before you sign up?